Registering to use Aggieland Auctions, is quick and simple. To create your account choose the “Register” link on the header navigational bar or use any of the links available on the home page.
When registering you will be asked to complete a short form which includes standard information such as your contact details, preferred login credentials etc.
Mandatory fields include:
· Zip/Post Code
· Phone Number
· Username & Password
· E-Mail address
· Confirmation of terms an conditions acceptance
You should receive a confirmation E-Mail shortly. When you receive this, click on the link it contains to complete the registration process. Once registered, you can begin placing items on line to auction off as well as bidding on items already listed.
Note: you may need to check your spam folder or junk folder in your email client for the confirmation email.
Should you encounter any registration difficulties please don't hesitate to contact us.
Back To Top
After logging in, you will be taken to the "Members' Area" This gives you access to all of the main functionality of the auction system, and to a list of item categories, showing you how many items are listed in each one.
- Messaging - Send and receive private messages about auction items.
- Bidding - The bidding section provides an overview of all the items you have bid
on, items you have won, items you are watching and any outstanding
- Selling - The selling section provides an overview of all the items you have open (are selling), items that have bids, items that have sold, items that have closed, invoices sent, etc...
- Reputation - View feedback you have given and received for each item you have bought and sold
- Bulk - Access Aggieland Auctions Bulk Listing software. This enables you to prepare multiple listings offline, before uploading them all at one time.
- About Me - Create your own "About Me" page, so that other members can find out a little more about you and your interests.
- My Account - View and modify your account details and carry out administrative tasks such as paying invoices, changing passwords, etc...
Click on Received or Sent to see a list of your messages.
To read a message, simply click on the "To" or "From" user id and the message will load for you.
To delete a message, click on the Delete link to the side of the message you wish to delete.
You can send private and public messages to sellers from all item listings. Simply scroll down the listing until you find the "Ask Seller A Question" section. Type in the question you would like to ask the seller, and select whether you want it to be private or public (visible to other users). Click "Submit" to send the message.
This section allows you to manage what auctions you have bid on.
- CURRENT BIDS - Lists any bids you currently have open.
- WON ITEMS - Lists any items you have won, either by auction or buy-out.
- INVOICES RECEIVED - Lists your invoices for items you have won or bought.
- WATCHED ITEMS - Lists the items you are watching.
This section allows you to manage your auctions.
- OPEN - The open view shows all of the auction items you currently have listed as active.
- ITEMS WITH BIDS/OFFERS - The items with bids/offers view shows all the auction items you are currently selling that have bids or offers on them.
- SCHEDULED - The scheduled view shows all the auction items you have listed to start at a later date.
- CLOSED - The closed view shows all the the auction items that are closed.
- DRAFTS - The drafts view shows all the items you have saved.
- SOLD - The sold view shows all the items you have sold.
- INVOICES SENT - The invoices sent view shows all of your sent invoices.
NOTE: You can sort the items in any of the view auctions by clicking on the arrowheads by each column heading.
FEES CALCULATOR - The fees calculator allows you to calculate listing fees for an item before you create the listing. Simply select the fees that will apply to your listing and click proceed. The selling fee is excluded because it is a variable percentage based on the total sale price.
PREFILLED FIELDS - Power sellers may find that they have certain fields that always require the same data to be entered into them. The prefilled fields section allows this information to be saved and automatically populated into your auction listings.
BLOCKED USERS - If you wish to block certain users from bidding on any of your auction items, you can add their usernames to this page. You can also specify the reason you have blocked them. Likewise, you can also delete (unblock) users you have blocked.
SUGGEST A CATEGORY - If you don't see a specific category for the item you are listing, you may suggest a category. This section will allow you to send a message to the site owners with your suggestion. There are no guarantees that your suggestion will be implemented, but we are always looking for help in making Aggieland Auctions better for all users.
Your reputation (feedback) provides an indicator of how much trading you have done on the auction site and allows other buyers and sellers to get an idea of your reputation and experience. For each transaction, both the buyer and seller can award each other a rating from 1 to 5. When you first select the reputation section from the Members' Area, you will see your reputation (or feedback) rating. You can click on the Leave Comments section to leave a reputation rating for other members with whom you have completed a transaction. Before leaving a negative reputation rating, please contact the other member and try to get the issue resolved.
This section allows you to download Aggieland Auctions Bulk Listing Tool. This tool will allow you to set up all your auctions that you wish to list in the comfort of your own home. Then with the press of one button, post all of your auctions at once. Additional documentation if contained within the application itself.
The "About Me" section allows you to create a page containing a little information about yourself. This information will be available to the general public. For business users, this might be information about their business and a link to their own website. Personal users might want to provide some information on their hobbies and interests.
In the "My Account" section of the Members' Area, you can manage all aspects of your account such as:
Back To Top
- Personal information
- Manage payment methods
- Account history
- Mail preferences
- Abuse report
To list your item simply click on the “Sell” link found on the header navigational bar. The listing process is split up into several main sections, notably:
- Category Selection
- Item Details
- Auction Settings
- Shipping and Payment
- Listing Preview
- Listing Confirmation
Back To Top
- Choose the category you wish to list your item in, this can be revised at any time by using the “Previous Step” navigation button.
- Enter your item title and description, a full WYSIWYG ("What You See Is What You Get") editor is in place to enable you to use HTML descriptions. If you have a voucher code to redeem this can be entered just below the description field.
- Moving on to step three, this is the biggest stage of the listing process. On this step you can set the following:
- Auction type - Standard or Dutch. Standard is a single quantity auction. Dutch enables you to list multiple quantity auctions.
- Currency - Only US currency is currently accepted at this time.
- Quantity -This field is only active if listing a Dutch auction.
- Auction Starts At - Required field, enter the minimum bid (or start price) you are willing to accept.
- Reserve Price - Enabling a reserve price means you will not sell the item for less than this amount. For example: If you list a start price of $5.00 and a reserve price of $50.00, if the bidding only goes to $49.99, the auction will close without a winner.
- Buy-out - Allows you to set up a straight buy-out of the item you are selling. You can also list buy out only auctions, these auctions remove all bidding options meaning the listing can only be purchased for a set amount. To set a buy out only auction you need to set the buy out value to be exactly equal with the start bid.
- Bid increment - Enter your own custom bid increment.
- Item features - The following added value options are available to you (fees may apply), these will highlight your item to ensure they reach more visitors.
- Home page featured
- Category featured
- Bold text
- Highlighted background
- Set start/end time
- Private Auction
- Image upload - To accompany your item you can either upload images from your local computer or enter the URL of an image(s) hosted elsewhere.
- Auto Re-List - For convenience you can opt to have your items automatically re-listed for you, options are available to allow you to select whether the item should be re-listed if sold and how many re-list attempts should be made.
- On the next step you can set your shipping and payment preferences including your shipping rates and available methods of delivery.
NOTE: Local Pickup is available for those people who live in the Brazos Valley area.
- Review the listing and make changes if required, please note you can still edit your listing once live via the Members' Area.
- Confirm and post your listing.
Placing a bid on an item you are interested in couldn’t be easier.
When viewing the item details page you will have two areas from where you can place your bid:
- Next to the item details.
- At the bottom of the page.
To place your bid simply enter the amount you wish to bid e.g. 50.00. Currency symbol not required.
Once done you will be asked to review your bid and you will also be able to view vital item details such as the shipping conditions before confirming your bid.
To submit your bid simply press the “Place Bid” button.
If you are the high bidder, a confirmation message will be displayed to you, however if your bid was not high enough (perhaps because another person has a higher proxy bid), or because you have not met the reserve price you will be allowed to bid again.
NOTE: Placing a bid is a contract between you and the seller, therefore bid retraction is not allowed. Please review your bid prior to placing it.
A proxy bid allows you to place your “High Bid”. You will only pay the lowest required bid should you win the auction. For example, if the current bid on an auction is 50.00 you can place a proxy bid of 200.00.
Should you remain the only bidder you will only pay 50.00. However should the item receive other bids the site will automatically re-bid for you (up to 200.00 in this scenario) to ensure you remain in the lead.
Back To Top
If the option is available you can use “Buy Out” to purchase the item immediately without having to place a bid. Some sellers offer such an option which can be used at any time until a bid has been placed over any applicable reserve price.
The “Buy Out” option will appear on the item details page, you will be asked to confirm your intention to buy out the item before the sale is concluded. Buy out’s cannot be retracted.
Back To Top
The item watch features lets you keep a close eye on any auction without having to place a bid on it.
This feature means you can be kept up to date on how an auction is doing and prepares you to place
a winning last minute bid. You can watch any auction by clicking on the “Watch this item” link on any
Back To Top
The auction watch features notifies you of newly listed auctions which contain keywords you have chosen.
For example if you are looking for a new "Digital Camera" you could enter in those keywords from
within your members area area. Each time a new auction is listed containing those keywords you
will be notified via email.
Back To Top